"I come to you with only Karate, empty hands, I have no weapons,
but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor,
should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here
are my weapons, Karate, my empty hands."
- Kenpo self defense techniques are the backbone of the art. Basics such
as punching, kicking, maneuvering are grouped into preplanned "techniques" to
assist the practicioner in building a library of motion.
- Typically done solo, Forms are a group of offensive and defensive
maneuvers incorporated into a dance of sorts. In other martial arts styles
forms are referred to as "katas". Visit this link to view a list of the
required katas for kenpo and descriptions of how they are performed.
- Books, Video and other
- Besides Mr Parker's books there are a number of other resources
available to assist in expanding the practicioner's library of kenpo.
- Kenpo School Directory
- One day while reading rec.martial-arts I came accross one in a large
series of "Does anyone know of a school in ..." messages. I decided there
was a demand for a directory of schools to assist people in locating schools
in their (or other) areas. Add your kenpo school, but please be sure your
school owner approves.
- Events Calendar
- Seminars, Camps and other such events may be found here. If you know of
any upcoming kenpo related events in your area drop me an email message and
let others know!
- About My Kenpo Web
- This section explains why I created this web and what its all about.
Also, included is a list of Kenpo organizations and possible contacts, as
well as my patch collection from organizations, clubs and schools from all
over. Do you have a patch you want to trade?